Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jewelry Tree Stand

On top of everything I discussed in Unveiling the Valentine, my Valentine's Day gift was a beautiful, white Jewelry Tree Stand. It was even adorned with jewelry for me. The pictures I took show a mix of jewelry Johnathan got me along with pieces I already owned.

One of my favorite parts about this present was the presentation. The surprise and laughter.  Even moments before receiving my tree stand, Johnathan had me laughing, eyes covered, as he tilted me to the side telling me to watch my head. There's nothing above my head, we're in your room. I laughed. Whoa! Whoa! Duck down! He exclaimed, as he pushed on the back of my shoulder, and bent me over. You're being silly! There's nothing there! I giggled. He uncovered my eyes, and there on his dresser was a veil of bright yellow tissue paper covering my beautiful jewelry tree stand.

This gift is truly fantastic!  

Although I do not have lots of jewelry, what I do have tends to become a tangled, unorganized mess. And I'm getting a little too old to have my jewelry all knotted in a ball, even if it is hidden discretely within a deceptively pretty jewelery box.

At Christmas time my brother, Tony, also gifted me a wonderful jewelry organizer. It's a large jewelry box that hangs on the wall and appears to only be a multi-photo picture frame.  I like to imagine people visiting and admiring my photographs while I alone know that handfuls of rubies and diamonds lye behind each memory. Really there's just some plastic beads and a bit of sterling silver...but they'll never know! ;) I'd love to share it with you, but I'll have to share photos of it another day, since it is back home in WI at the moment.

Jewelry is just one of those things that looks all glamorous until you own it. Once it's tangled and piled under five other necklaces, the glitzy glamor of it quickly fades and you're left standing there wishing you had some new, pretty jewelry to wear.  Whereas, if we could just keep them on display all delicate and dainty, the temptation to wear them would last a lot longer; just like in the store, these tricks will get us every time.
Keep my eye on the sparkles

I'm also guilty of not remembering to wear the jewelry I own. Out of sight out of mind, I suppose. So this little Jewelry Tree will help keep my eyes on the sparkles and remind me to wear what I've been thoughtfully given.


It's also just right because it coordinates perfectly with the poster Johnathan created, tying everything together nicely.  This Jewelry Tree Stand was a sweet gift that helped me get a little more organized, and I just love looking at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment