Monday, February 21, 2011

Thrift Man, You Give Me Fever

The Funk'n Thrift Fashion Show got me thinking about men and their thrifted fashions.  My man has built up quite the thrift clothing collection since we first met.  Johnathan has a good sense of style, and his co-workers have even come to call him the Thrift King (I just hope they know he learned it from the Thrift Queen). ;) Either way, any thrifter deemed royalty by the people has a closet worth peeking into.


First, I gotta say what I know other thriftland ladies are thinking:

There's something about a thrift man that gives me fever.

Most anyone reading this blog already has thrift fever minus men.

I mean, fever isn't such a new thing, thrift fever started long ago.  Throw an attractive man who likes to thrift into the equation, and ladies, we've got Trouble.


Recently, Johnathan was stag thrifting and purchased a George's sport coat  from The Lost and Found .  It quickly became one of his favorite clothing items.  This tan corduroy sport coat is great for a guy like him, as he can dress it down with jeans, a t shirt and baseball cap or dress it up with a dress shirt and tie; either way he's lookin' sharp.


When I checked out the George's website it seems their sport coats start at $99 and escalate from there.  I'm not sure of the original value of this particular corduroy coat, but I do know Johnathan has snagged a secondhand steal here. 100 some dollars? 10 dollars? 100 some dollars? 10 dollars? hmmmmmmmm

     T shirt & cap                                 Dress shirt and vintage tie
And, yes, both looks give me fever.
I can't even pick one over the other.

The T shirt, baseball cap, and sports jacket combination is the look Johnathan usually ops for and I love it. He even wore this particular outfit to the Funk'n Fashion Show and, I may be biased, but he was one of the sharpest looking guys there. Johnathan truly puts together thrifted pieces in a stylish way that's all his own. He's a pretty awesome thrifting partner to have, king or not.


Thrift man, you give me fever!
So to all you thrift men out there, thanks for giving us ladies a little eye candy & compliments to your secondhand style!!

6 comments:

  1. I love a man who looks put together and sharp without appearing contrived. Originality is sexier than a polo any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! :) New follower from WIWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, No Model Lady!

    And, SAHM, thanks for following!!

    It's exciting to be meeting so many new people -- fashionable thrifters on top of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to thrift together--you make a cute couple! Thanks for linking up to my Share the Love party!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you're man teach my man how to dress? Because he hasn't grasped the whole layer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I especially like the BB cap and tee look, although the vintage tie screams out COOL! Very nice post. And what a cute catch you have there!

    ReplyDelete