Monday, January 10, 2011

Thrifter's Closet: Where Celebrities Chill

Insider Information: Thrift stores are a common hang out for celebrities, old and new. What's even more outrageous-- they don't just wanna give you their autograph, nah-uh, they want to go home with you! They want to live with you rent free, chill on your bed, and maybe even push the envelope with casual cuddling. They can't help their expectant arrogance, they've got it made, they'll only be secondhand, second rate celebrities for a moment before fortune finds them again, and they know it...oh, do they know it. 

Warning: Moving celebrities into ones home will result in wild celebrity parties that are completely the result of an overactive imagination.

                                                 IT IS AWESOME!  

Johnathan bought Alf at the Slinger Vinnies (WI). He's in perfect condition and brings back a lot of memories of 80's television. Nostalgic roomies like Alf are the best.



Slinky Dog, is an addition to our Toy Story collection (Click here to read about it)! We even found Buzz, and already gave him to our friend's little one, along with Woody and Rex. Slinky Dog was only $1 and I don't know that I can part with him; he's super fun and doesn't wet the carpet.
















A house full of secondhand celebrities wouldn't be complete without a few infamous troublemakers about, so I bought the little Bart Simpson collector's doll for $2. I found him buried, in perfect condition, in the vintage corner of Slinger's Saint Vincent De Paul.  I couldn't wait to surprise Johnathan with him, and I got the reaction I was hoping for. :)

Then Johnathan treated himself by inviting the South Park cast into his apartment; slowly but surely his buddies are taking over the place.  John's profession as a digital artist makes this all completely acceptable; they inspire him and, surprisingly enough, they respect late night hours better than I suspected.

Besides, I have my thrifty, FREE Iron Man super hero to keep things in order! (Yup, I'm an Iron Man fan; I like the cocky super heroes far better than the dweeby, over-the-top goody-goody types). Every home should have one. ;)

Except... at the end of the day I still may fail at keeping things in order, because I have my own secondhand, trouble-making celebrity resident: Bloo, from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.  I love this cartoon so much-- it makes my cereal taste better!

Bloo is one character I will always be tempted to save from the secondhand, second rate celebrity of being in a bin.  Bloo was a few cents, but I cherish him...he was a present to me from you know who. :)

You have any celebrity roommates fresh outta the bin?



2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have the grown up version of Iron Man living with me, but not sure the hubby would buy off on that. Great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iron Man is quite the fashionable, flirty guy-- husbands get jealous without him even setting foot in their homes...Lol...So, that's all understandable ;)

    ReplyDelete