Friday, December 3, 2010

Remember the Popples?

This week, people on Facebook are changing their profile picture to their favorite childhood cartoon. The goal is to raise support for the fight against child abuse.  Every child is innocent and deserves complete happiness in life. So think of the cartoon that used to get you all giggly, and post it as your picture until December 6 in honor of every little child's laughter.
My pick is Popples! I used to be crazy about the Popples cartoon. I especially loved the stuffed Popples; it was too fun rolling 'em into a snug, furry ball.

Although, as often as I check out thrift toys I have yet to find a Popple. Back in the late 80's, I had the smaller, adorably yellow Potato Chip. Remember her? Of all the Popples, she was my favorite. I wonder if Chip is packed away somewhere? Now I talk to friends, (coughJulieBeirele) and they have no clue what I'm talking about.  Oh, how I miss the Popples!!! If any of you ever find one, I will be childishly jealous. I know many of you are thinking, just find one online, lady! But I can't. I have to thrift find it! When I do discover one I hope it is either Prize, Putter, Puffball or another Potato Chip. Any Popple will do I suppose, I just don't care much for the super pink popples; never been a pink girl.

"P-p-p-popples love to p-p-p-party!" Ring-a-bell? Please, just tell me you remember the Popples! Tell me you had one and used to roll it up into it's little pouch and toss it around the living-room. Better yet, tell me you HAVE one and I might just stop by to play! ;) Kidinnnng...I think....

Later Addition: This blog sparked a convo on FB about the different Popples people had/have. Many of us have forgotten the Popples names, so below I listed the (main) Popples' names along with their color:
*Potato chip= Bright Yellow
*Pancake= Dark Purple
*PC (Pretty Cool)= Blue
*Party= Pink fur & Pink hair
*Puzzle= Orange
*Putter= Green
*Pretty Bit= Light Lavender
*PuffBall= White
*Prize= Magenta fur & White hair

There were also the small Pufflings!

No comments:

Post a Comment