Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sworn into Thrifting


Two blogs in a row, Thrift Core has grabbed my attention! The writer/creator of Thrift Core, Van, promotes wonderful thrifting ideas and also creates some of the cutest blog buttons I've come across. Today, Van is nudging us to take the 2011 Thrift Pledge, and I'm in!  The Thrift Pledge is exactly what it sounds like— simply living the thrifty life throughout the year.  As I've said in past posts, I avoid buying certain items new whenever possible, especially clothing and home decor. So I've lived this pledge the last few years, except now I have a cute little owl to inform who-who-whomever may care (Ha! Sorry, had to throw that in there).

To make it official though:

I, Jacqueline Lee Valenti, solemnly swear  to be as thrifty as possible in 2011.  If I don't need it new, I will not buy it new. If I don't need it, then I don't need it. And I'll be looking fine, just like the rich, (& silly) spendy kind.

Interested in taking the pledge yourself? Click on over to Thrift Core and grab one of many awesome pledge buttons. Take the 2011 Thrift Pledge today!

Remember: Every thrift store is an over-sized treasure trove of a recycling bin!

2 comments:

  1. I love your formal pledge! Thank you for the kind words, I look forward to hitting up yard sales and thrifting hard into the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I really love your blog! I'm excited for the New Year, too; I've never been to an estate sale and I'm super hyped to finally go to one (or more) this year...extend my thrifting wings :)

    ReplyDelete