Saturday, December 11, 2010

This is Me, Jacqueline Lee

 The woman behind and beyond the thrift:

1) I laugh out loud every day, even at my own thoughts. I never stay mad or sad for very long; I just give problems their teaspoon full of tears and a couple cups of improvement, and all works out well.
Me & Julie

2) Somehow I have landed the most amazing group of friends; better than the stuff prayers are made of. They truly care about me and they spoil me rotten emotionally.

3) My arms are double jointed; they twist all the way around.

4) I am easily amused and get excited over things that most people would find somewhat ordinary.  Easily charm-struck, you see?

5) I’m a quirky, contemplative girl. Before all the rave, my friend, Amanda, told me I remind her of Alice in Wonderland— quite the compliment.

6) My favorite cat was Rome. Sadly, my favorite lived the shortest but he was wiser than most people I’ve known.  Nosey, was my childhood kitty and I lost her this February. I miss her lots. Right now, I don’t have any pets, but I am looking forward to adopting a kitten once I settle down in Minneapolis.

7) The logic of math eludes me. I am mathematically challenged.

8) Nonsense has always made sense to me.
Playing Pirate Dress-up in Madison

9)  Hope alone can get a person far in life. I have Emily Dickinson's words: "Hope is the thing with feathers/ That perches in the soul, / And sings the tune without the words, / And never stops at all," tattooed on my upper back.

10) My dad has always said, “You’re my heart, you’re my soul, you’re my everything.” This defines what family is to me; this defines what my own family will one day mean to me.

11) I love the scent of lilac bushes and will one day have a yard full of them. I also have a strange attachment to the smell of old books.

12) I rarely ever watch TV and if I do it is because I am hanging out with someone. I do enjoy watching a good movie though!

13) I have a book addiction. I love reading, but I also simply love being around books. When I’ve had to move they are the very first thing I pack, move and unpack. It’s a very strong attachment—almost like little kids and their blankies, ‘cept worse.

14) I might be guilty of underestimating myself, but if someone else underestimates me, chances are I’ll prove them wrong

15) My favorite color is blue.

16) My dad and brother own a little Italian restaurant, so when I’m home I am spoiled with scrumptious pizza and pasta.

17) The first time I ever went bowling I attempted walking down the lane because I thought I had to pick up my fallen pins. Made it halfway there before my dad asked me what the hell I was trying to do.
Tony being goofy on his B-day
18) My brother can make me laugh harder than anyone I have ever met, and he does so often. I truly admire him; he’s a hardworking, peoples’ person, with a constant upbeat tempo and I hope he never changes. I love Tony in the most complete way a person can be loved. 

19) Dr. Seuss is on my list of heroes. He’s a linguistic genius and his imaginative artwork amazes me.

20) My anniversary with Johnathan is on Christmas day. On our first date, we drove in my convertible with the top down as fluffy, slow-falling snow came down on us. He’s the best Christmas present I’ve ever gotten. Hands down.
Johnathan & Jacqueline <3

21) When I was little, my parents called me “Charmer.”

22) I used to make maple syrup at the sugar shack up north with my grandpa. There is a stage in syrup making where you can drink it like a cup of hot cocoa— it’s not yet thick, nor too sweet; it’s almost like a hot, sweet, soda drink. If you have ever had this you would know nothing is more delicious. Its been years and I still remember that taste.

23) I alternate from being extremely outgoing-confidant to painfully shy. I’m working at making the shyness obsolete and have been pretty successful.

24) I am a blonde who dyes her hair blonde and sometimes dark brunette.

Hat wasn't mine, but it sure is sweet
25) I’ve been a thrifter for years and prefer going with a thrifting partner; it’s more fun to share finds with someone else.

26) When going back and forth between WI and MN, I usually take the Greyhound bus or I car pool.

27) Johnathan is a digital artist and he’s extremely creative; we’re always bouncing ideas off each other. He is the encouraging voice in all my endeavors. 

28) I graduated from Mount Mary College with my B.A. in English; I miss being a student there.

29) I love copywriting projects and hope to make a living doing just that.


30) I enjoy traveling and experiencing new places. I've been to Italy (can't wait to return someday), Greece, Jamaica, The Bahamas and I'm a fan of visiting Florida.

31) I'm a true Cancer sign: drawn to water, adoring the moon, approaching everything sideways like a crab.

32) Someone once told me that my mom and I have the same arms…that amused me.


33) On nights out, I smell like jasmine & vanilla. I think it's a relaxing, sensual scent.

34) Some fave books: Marjorie Morningstar, The Little Prince, The History of Love, Everything is Illuminated and Atonement.

35) When I was little and saw Tony the Tiger at Sentry Foods, I ran up to him, bear hugged him and exclaimed, “My mommy named my brother after you!” 
Tony & I, all little & cute


Do we have anything in common? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. that is so stinkin cute...im am truley happy that you have become part of my life and i cant wait to see more of you! MUAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have lots of fun times ahead!I feel lucky to have you as a friend. Thanks, Alicia! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete